OUTCOME 1: STAND4EU interface
- Will offer a multitude of information, services and networks related to standardisation research and innovation;
- Users can use the interface to collect and share information about the obstacles of the standardisation process, the associated remedies and best practices to exploit the results of innovative projects and initiatives.
OUTCOME 2: Needs and requirements of stakeholders and actors involved in the standardisation process; and relevant projects based on the 4 technological domains
Target stakeholders to be involved in 4 technological domains:
- Additive Manufacturing;
- Smart Manufacturing & AI;
- Circular Economy.
OUTCOME 3: Obstacles hampering standardisation efforts identified
- Organisation of trend analysis workshops with stakeholders from the different technological domains;
- Obstacles in Standardisation development to be mapped;
- Promote the discussion between R&I and standardisation.
OUTCOME 4: Remedies, Actions and Recommendations
Develop a methodological approach to be adopted by standardisation bodies to make the standard setting process more agile through:
- Taking into consideration, at an early stage the innovation status of technologies & processes, to allow an accompanying work that will allow a standard to be ready once the innovations are brought to the market (R&I - standardisation);
- Adequate the R&I-standard engagement methodology to the TRL level of the technology/sector/area (R&I - standardisation - maturity level);
- Ensure the engagement between standardisation entities to promote an optimisation of the work that usually runs in parallel (standardisation-standardisation);
- make the best of industry inputs: include in the recommendation, guiding procedures for industrial engagement at standardisation level in order to take the most from the contributions.
OUTCOME 5: Validation Workshops & Events
- Benchmark the solutions to other sectors;
- Reach out to a wider branch of domains (both technological or not) and consequently; increasing the overall impact of the action;
- Organisation and conduction of validation workshops
OUTCOME 6: External Coaching Programme
In order to guide, and as a mean to validate some of the approaches to be developed in STAND4EU, an External Coaching Programme will be set up. This will allow consortium partners to support and guide external projects being initiated, to receive support on how to address standardisation aspects right from the beginning of the implementation. The remedies, actions and recommendations (OUT. 4) that fit within the scope and activities of the project will be put in place – being another “skin” of validation of these elements.
OUTCOME 7: Training delivery between R&D and standardisation
To deliver training within standardization bodies at least within 1 of the 4 technological domains but at national, regional (EU) and international level. This will result in 3 training courses in total for only one technological domain.